Moody AFB Comprehensive Airspace Initiative
/ Published September 25, 2020
The U.S. Air Force’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for proposed new low-altitude Military Operations Areas in the Moody Airspace Complex is now available for review and comment and a virtual public hearing will be hosted on October 29, 2020. Additional details concerning the Draft EIS, including how to participate in the virtual public hearing and provide comments, are provided in the fact sheet below. The Draft EIS is available for download from the project website at moodyafbairspaceeis.com, can be requested by calling 229-460-8034 or emailing email@example.com, or can be obtained in hard copy format at the following public libraries:
- Boston Carnegie Library, 250 South Main Street, Boston, Georgia 31626
- Brooks County Public Library, 404 Barwick Road, Quitman, Georgia 31643
- Clinch County Public Library, 478 West Dame Street, Homerville, Georgia 31634
- Collins Main Library, 200 West Park Avenue, Tallahassee, Florida 32301
- Douglas County Public Library, 6810 Selman Drive, Douglasville, Georgia 30134
- Dougherty County Public Library, 300 Pine Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31707
- Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Library, 123 North Main Street, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750
- Miller Lakeland Library, 18 South Valdosta Road, Lakeland, Georgia 31635
- Moultrie-Colquitt County Library Main Branch, 204 5th Street SE, Moultrie, Georgia 31768
- South Georgia Regional Library, 2906 Julia Drive, Valdosta, Georgia 31602
- Tifton-Tift County Library, 245 Love Avenue, Tifton, Georgia 31794
Due to the current federal guidance limiting public gatherings, the Air Force has scheduled a virtual public hearing on Thursday, October 29, 2020 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), if not ended sooner than 8:00 p.m. by the hearing officer for lack of public participation. The virtual public hearing will be held in lieu of an in-person public hearing. The public hearing can be accessed as follows:
- Webex Virtual Public Hearing: Event Information/Registration Page
- Telephone: 844-992-4726
- Meeting Number: 126 002 0391 (press # if prompted at dial-in)
- Event Password: moodyafb (when accessing online or via the Webex App)
- Technical Support: 866-779-3239
Those interested in participating in the virtual public hearing can participate by calling the telephone number and entering the meeting number (both listed above). All participants only calling in to the public hearing will hear but not see the presentation. To hear and see the presentation about the Moody Air Force Base Comprehensive Airspace Initiative, a computer or smart device (i.e., phone or tablet) can be used. Detailed instructions for accessing the public hearing using a telephone, computer or smart device are available on the project website, https://moodyafbairspaceeis.com/#publichearing.
Both phone access and the web presentation will be available 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the public hearing. Registration will be available during those 15 minutes prior to the hearing as well at the Event Information/Registration Page. Registering for the public hearing, including making a request to comment, is highly encouraged. Public hearing materials and additional information about the public hearing and how to participate are also available on the project website at moodyafbairspaceeis.com. If assistance is required with translation, teleprinter, or typewriter (TTY) for the hearing impaired or if you want to receive hardcopies of the meeting presentation in advance of the meeting, please make the request online at moodyafbairspaceeis.com, by calling the Moody Air Force Base Public Affairs Office at 229-460-8034, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 26, 2020.
Thank you for your participation in the National Environmental Policy Act process for the Comprehensive Airspace Initiative for Moody Air Force Base.