An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
Official websites use .mil
website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
U.S. Air Force Logo
23d Mission Support Group
23d Medical Group
23d Maintenance Group
23d Fighter Group
23d Wing Staff
23d Wing Safety
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff Judge Advocate
347th Rescue Group
Avon Park (598th Range Squadron)
476th Fighter Group
372nd Training Squadron, Detachment 9
336th Recruiting Squadron
Area Defense Counsel
Pregnancy Support Programs
Frequently Called Numbers
Moody Air Force Base
Women In Aviation
How can I request a community engagement event?
Purpose of Community Engagement
Active community relations programs enable commanders to enhance morale, public trust, and support. Air Force professionals involved in the communities where they live become front-line ambassadors for the Air Force. Through active programs, the Air Force demonstrates it is a community partner and a responsible steward of resources
Moody's Community Engagement objectives
· Increase public awareness and understanding of the armed forces and the mission, policies, and programs of the Air Force
· Support Air Force recruiting by inspiring patriotism and encouraging young men and women to serve in the military
· Maintain a reputation as a good neighbor, as well as a respected professional organization charged with part of the responsibility for national security
BASE TOUR REQUESTS
Base tours tell a portion of the Air Force story to visitors and highlight the Air Force mission, traditions and heritage. They are tailored to coincide with the interests of different age groups. Requests are granted on a first come, first served basis.
· Tours will not be approved or coordinated until a completed tour request form is received and a date has been approved by Public Affairs. NO EXCEPTIONS!
· Tours are conducted the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month and will begin no earlier than 9 a.m. and end no later than 3 p.m.
· Tour groups must be at least 20 individuals and no more than 45.
· Only one tour per organization/school, per year.
· Tours are limited to ages 14 years and over.
· Meal options:
- Only ROTC, JROTC or military-affiliated groups can use the dining facility and requires a week's notice. Payment is cash only.
- Meals can be purchased at one of the on-base vendors (Burger King, Anthony's Pizza, Donna's Daily Grind or Taco Bell).
- The Moody Field Club and The Spot (bowling alley) are open for lunch.
Requesting a Base Tour:
· Public Affairs must receive a complete
tour request form
no earlier than 90 days and no later than 30 days prior to the requested tour date.
· Tours will not be approved/coordinated until a completed
tour request form
· If Public Affairs hasn't confirmed receiving your request within a week of submission, please follow up by phone, (229) 257-4146 or by email,
. Sending/receiving a request form does not confirm your tour date.
· ROTC and JROTC in uniform are expected to conform to the Air Force dress and appearance standards including haircuts and hair styles.
· A list of all individuals (to include bus drivers and chaperones) attending the tour must be submitted no later than 10 days prior to the tour or the tour will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
· If a group is more than 15 minutes late for their tour, it will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled. NO EXCEPTIONS!
· MOODY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL CONFIRMED TOURS AT ANY TIME DUE TO MISSION REQUIREMENTS.
The Air Force sends a speaker to an event to create dialogue with local organizations and give them an insight into Air Force roles, mission, overall capabilities and the Airmen who make up the Air Force.
· Any organization, group or individual can request an Air Force speaker. This includes community groups, business organizations, industry associations, as well as schools of all levels.
·We are restricted from participating in fundraising events and political activities.
·Once we provide a speaker, all outstanding arrangements must be made between the organization and the guest speaker.
·If the speaker must cancel, the organization is responsible for contacting Moody Public Affairs to re-submit a request.
Requesting a speaker for an event:
· Public Affairs must receive a complete speaker request form at least two to four weeks prior to the requested event.
· Speaker requests will not be approved/coordinated until a completed speaker request form is received.
· If Public Affairs hasn't confirmed receiving your request within a week of submission, please follow up by phone, (229) 257-3395, or by email, email@example.com. Sending/receiving a request does not confirm a speaker to your event.
· MOODY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL A SCHEDULED SPEAKER AT ANY TIME DUE TO
AERIAL SUPPORT REQUESTS
Aerial support requests can include airshows, event flyovers and static displays. Static displays allow the public to experience an up-close and personal view of our equipment and weapons systems and increase their knowledge and understanding of the Air Force mission.
· A flyover, whether on-base or off-base, is a straight and level flight, limited to one pass,
by no more than four military aircraft of the same general type (e.g., tactical, transport, rotary wing) from the same military service over a predetermined point on the ground at a specific time and not involving aerobatics or demonstrations.
· A flyover of more than four aircraft, or of multiple types of aircraft, or of aircraft representing more than one military service or nation, regardless of horizontal/timing separation of flying elements, constitutes an aerial review. Flyovers at memorial or funeral services in honor of rated and/or designated active duty aviation personnel are not community engagement activities.
Requesting aerial support:
· Submit all aerial support requests (airshows, event flyovers, static displays, etc.) through the following link:
. All requests for support must be submitted via this website.
·When approved, you will receive a Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs approval number. Forward that number and all pertinent information to
·The 23rd Wing Public Affairs office will send the request through to the appropriate channels here and the requester will be contacted if Moody assets are able or unable to support.
·If the request can be supported by Moody, the supporting unit will make all arrangements.
· If Public Affairs hasn't confirmed receiving your request within a week of submission, please follow up by phone, (229) 257-3395, or by email,
. Sending/receiving a request does not confirm a shadow day.
· MOODY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL A SCHEDULED AERIAL SUPPORT REQUEST AT ANY TIME DUE TO MISSION REQUIREMENTS.
Air Force Photos
FOIA Reading Room
Frequently Asked Questions
Hometown News Release
Military Support Requests
Support the Troops
The Air Force Thunderbirds