Chief Master Sgt. Terrence “Mojo” Edwards is the Command Chief Master Sgt. of the 93d Air Ground Operations Wing, Moody Air Force Base, Ga. The wing supports eight out of 10 U.S. Army Divisions and consists of three groups with more than 2,800 Airmen at 20 locations throughout the continental United States. The 93d AGOW’s subordinate units are the 3d Air Support Operations Group at Fort Hood, Texas, the 18th ASOG at Fort Bragg, N.C., and the 820th Base Defense Group at Moody AFB, Ga. The ASOGs provide Air, Space and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance expertise to plan, coordinate and execute the supported ground commander’s scheme of maneuver. The ASOGs also provide all Battlefield Weather support to Army units both in garrison and deployed locations. The 820th BDG provides rapidly deployable, fully integrated, highly specialized forces for active internal and external base defense.
Chief Edwards advises the wing commander on matters influencing the readiness, training, equipping, morale, welfare, quality of life, and professional development of all assigned members of the wing.
Chief Master Sgt. Edwards enlisted in the Air Force in September of 1991. His initial career field was Ammunitions, where he served in various positions throughout five duty locations. As an Ammo professional, the chief deployed four times to Saudi Arabia and one deployment to Diego Garcia. In March 2003, Chief Master Sgt. Edwards retrained into Operations Intelligence Applications at Goodfellow AFB, Texas. As an intelligence professional, he served in eight duty locations including two joint assignments. As an intelligence professional, the chief deployed five times to Iraq, twice to Kuwait, and once to Qatar and Israel.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the MAJCOM Functional Manager for Headquarters AFSOC Directorate of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (A2) at Hurlbert Field, Fla.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Andersen AFB, Guam
2003 Intelligence Operations Technical Training Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2006 Associates Degree in Communications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Associates Degree in Munitions Accountability Systems Operations, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course I, National Defense University
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Senior Enlisted Intelligence Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2014 Critical Thinking and Structured Analysis Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2016 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Course II, by correspondence
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Professional Management Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2018 Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science, Wayland Baptist University
1. February 1992 – June 1994, Munitions Accountability Systems Journeyman, 33d Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. June 1994 – June 1996, Munitions Flight Trainer, 31st Munitions Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
3. July 1996 – October 1997, Munitions Storage Journeyman, 36th Maintenance Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
4. November 1997 – June 2000, Crew Chief, Precision Guided Munitions, 3d Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
5. June 2000 – March 2003, Crew Chief, Munitions Storage and Handling, 2d Munitions Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. March 2003 – September 2003, Student, Intelligence Operations Technical training Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
7. September 2003 – July 2006, Noncommissioned Officer In-Charge, Intelligence Readiness and Training Flight, 755th Operational Support Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. July 2006 – July 2008, NCOIC, EURASIA Division, JIOCEUR Analysis Center, RAF Molesworth, UK
9. August 2008 – December 2009, Flight Chief, Detachment 1, 11th Intelligence Squadron, Joint Special Ops Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.
10. December 2009 – October 2011, Chief Enlisted Manager, 24th Air Force, Directorate of Intelligence (A2), Lackland AFB, Texas
11. October 2011 – October 2012, Superintendent, Strategy Division, 603d Air and Space Operations Center, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. October 2012 – March 2014, Superintendent, ISR Division, 603d Air and Space Operations Center, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. March 2014 – May 2016, MAJCOM Functional Manager, HQ USAFE-AFAFRICA, Directorate of Intelligence (A2), Ramstein AB, Germany (with duties as Joint Special Operations Air Component – Central, Senior Enlisted Leader Jan – July 2015)
14. May 2016 – May 2018, Group Superintendent, 36th Operations Group, 36th Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam (with duties as Interim Command Chief Apr 17 – Aug 17)
15. June 2018 – February 2019, AFSOC Directorate of ISR, MAJCOM Functional Manager, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
16. February 2019 – present, Command Chief, 93d Air Ground Operations Wing (AGOW), Moody AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Iraqi Campaign Medal with two bronze star devices
Humanitarian Service Medal
1994 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2005 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy Distinguished Graduate
2006 RAF Molesworth, Air Force Element Senior NCO of the Year
2006 RAF Molesworth, Joint Senior NCO of the Year
2007 EUCOM JIOC, J2 Senior NCO of the Year
2008 AFSOC AF ISR Awards Program Senior NCO of the Year
2012 603d AOC Senior NCO of the Year
2012 3d AF Senior NCO of the Year
2014 Lance P. Sijan USAFE-AFAFRICA A2 Senior NCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant January 2016
(Current as of February 2019)