In attempts to streamline communication of current events/ changes for Moody AFB a roll-up of information is posted to the official Moody AFB Facebook weekly (Wednesday at 10 p.m.) and updates provided as needed. Below are the changes and the status of items of current as of June 30th:
1. Updated Face-covering Guidance
23d Wing Commander has updated Face-covering wear guidance; see updated memo in the 'More COVID-19 Guidance and Info' section below
2. Fitness Center Update
Freedom I Fitness Center has rolled out the third phase of its reopening and is now open on the weekends and to DoD ID cardholders including retirees and dependents.
Below are the hours of operation:
Mon - Fri: 0600 - 1800
Sat - Sun: 0800 - 1800
You can also stay up to date with this facility’s changes by visiting the Moody AFB Fitness Center Facebook page.
3. Updated Gate Ops
Effective Wednesday, 24 June 2020, the Mitchell Gate (North Gate by CDC) hours will be extended. See updated gate hours of operations below:
Mitchell Gate: Open 0600 – 1730, Mon-Fri
Davidson Gate: 24/7
4. CurbSide Rx Dispensing CurbSide Rx Dispensing has been discontinued. The pharmacy lobby is re-open for activation of controlled substances paper prescriptions and pick-up of completed prescriptions. You can call the automated refill line at 229-257-3455 to request a refill or call the main pharmacy line at 229-257-3221, Monday - Friday 0800-1600, to activate new prescriptions over the phone!
5. HPCON Protocols Effective immediately (14 MAY 2020), Moody AFB will be implementing HPCON protocols to begin reopening a number of facilities and operations. Under specific protocols, previously issued guidance such as face-mask wear or the number of individuals permitted in a facility may vary, so it is extremely important that all remain apprised of Moody’s protocol status and implications. Moody AFB is currently in: HPCON B.
6. Moody Chapel Services Update Chapel worship services will resume this Sunday, 31 May 2020. Below are the updated schedules and protective measures in place (reviewed and approved by Moody’s Public Health office). Catholic Services: 0800 Holy Mass (no music) 0930 Holy Mass (with music & live-streamed via the Moody Chapel Facebook page) Protestant Service: 1100 Community Worship (with music & live-streamed via the Moody Chapel Facebook page) Sunday services will be held in our new, temporary facility at Bldg. 757 on Robbins Road (please see attached map). Due to the current HPCON level, Moody Public Health guidance, and the size of our designated worship space, measures have been put into place to keep people safe: 1. Attendance for each worship service will be limited to no more than 25 individuals. 2. Singing will be limited to the worship leader/singer. 3. We recommend those attending wear a mask. 4. Other protective measures will be announced at each worship service. The Chapel Office (Bldg. 757) is open M-F from 0800-1630. Additionally, during office hours, Chapel designated worship space is open to all for prayer, meditation and reflection. Chaplains and Religious Affairs Airmen are available for counseling and individual religious accommodation requests. For an appointment during duty hours (0800-1630), please call DSN: 460- 3211 or COMM: (229) 257-3211. For after duty hour emergencies, please contact the Command Post for the on-call chaplain at DSN: 460-3501 or COMM: (229) 257-3501.
7. Shaving Waivers
United States Air Force Surgeon General, approved new policy regarding the expiration of pseudo folliculitis barbae shaving waivers. These changes stemmed from feedback received by Airmen and are effective immediately.
This new authority will be updated in AFI 44-102, Medical Care Management, and standardized across all Military Treatment Facilities.
Pseudo Folliculitis Barbae Shaving Waiver:
• Authorized for five years from date of initiation
• The waiver will not exceed five years unless renewed by a competent medical authority
• Remains valid regardless of member’s deployment or new PCS location
• Providers will appropriately manage the medical condition
• Supervisors will ensure facial hair is in compliance with AFI 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance
(Moody AFB Facebook page will communicate changes and updates as they are made; this page will be subsequently updated)
CLICK ICON TO ACCESS MOODY AFB FACEBOOK FOR MOST CURRENT INFORMATION
◾ For current Air Force news, resources, and guidance regarding COVID-19, click the banner below.
Latest DoD Guidance
Moody AFB Active Duty Local Area Travel Guidance
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention encourages the following prevention measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Social distancing
- Avoid mass gatherings
- Frequent hand washing
- Covering coughs and sneezes
On Jan. 30, 2020, the World Health Organization declared a public health emergency of international concern for the 2019 novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. On Jan. 31, 2020, the secretary of Health and Human Services declared a public health emergency in the United States and announced new measures to prevent the spread of COVID- 19. The current epidemic, which originated in mainland China, has demonstrated the capacity of COVID-19 to spread globally. While supporting other government agencies’ response to the COVID-19 threat, the Department of the Air Force is responding appropriately to protect the health of the force and maintain operational readiness.